Product Review: Method Natural Surface Cleaner
Name of Product: Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner
What it is
Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner is a versatile household spray cleaner that contains natural ingredients.
Size: 28 fl. oz.
Ingredients: Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Gluconate, Lauryl Ethoxylate, Potassium Citrate, Fragrance (part essential oils and part synthetic ingredients), and Polymeric Colorant
• A good ingredient lineup, which is disclosed on the product packaging
• Works very well to clean a variety of surface types
• Cruelty free and biodegradable
• According to Method, all ingredients are assessed for safety by the private research firm, Environmental Protection Encouragement Agency (EPEA)
• The Cucumber scent tested was very strong and lingered for some time
Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner is an efficient spray cleaner that works well to cut dirt and grease on a wide variety of countertops and other surfaces.
This spray cleaner has a good roster of ingredients, most of which are plant-based (corn and coconut). Method also employs the Environmental Protection Encouragement Agency (EPEA) to assess its ingredient lineup for safety.
Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner works very well to clean dirt, grime, and grease from a variety of surfaces, from tile, marble, and porcelain to finished wood, and walls. It left surfaces shining and streak- and residue-free. The version tested contained a cucumber-scented fragrance (other scents are available), which was quite potent, even some time after cleaning.
Date of Test: September 17-October 8, 2012
How We Tested It: Three weeks of use on a variety of surfaces, including tile, stone, marble, porcelain, and painted walls