Product Review: Ecover Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
Name of Product: Ecover Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
What it is
Ecover Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner is a multi-use spray cleaner that contains plant-based ingredients and works on everything from countertops to glass and mirrors.
Size: 16 fl. oz.
Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol, Capryl Glucoside, Candida bombicola/glucose/methyl\rapeseedate ferment, Fragrance Limonene 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3 diol, Citric Acid”
• A good, mostly plant-based ingredient lineup, which is disclosed on the product packaging
• Works well to clean a variety of surface types
• Bonus: This product also works on windows, mirrors, glass, and chrome
• Cruelty free, biodegradable, and suitable for septic tanks
• Packaging is 100% recycled and 100% recyclable
• Product left a slight film on some surfaces
• The ingredient list contains a few items that may possibly have some health and environmental concerns
Ecover Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner is a good multi-use spray cleaner that works well on an impressively wide variety of surfaces.
The majority of this spray cleaner’s ingredients are plant-based. Made from sugarcane, its packaging is also 100% plant-based, which equates to 100% renewable and recyclable. According to the Environmental Working Group’s Guide to Healthy Cleaning, however, there is some concern for health effects from this spray cleaner’s ingredient 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3 diol.
Ecover Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner works well to clean an exceptionally wide variety of surfaces, from tile, marble, and porcelain to glass, mirrors, and windows. It left glass, chrome, and mirrors streak-free but it did leave a slight film on some countertop surfaces. While it does contain fragrance, the pleasant scent from this versatile spray cleaner was almost undetectable.
Date of Test: September 17-October 8, 2012
How We Tested It: Three weeks of use on a variety of surfaces, including tile, stone, marble, porcelain, and painted walls