Green Cleaning Preferred
Cintas Corporation, based in Cincinnati, has released the results of its recent survey, conducted by Harris Interactive in March 2011, about attitudes of consumers regarding doing business with companies that clean green.
According to the company, which released the results in conjunction with Earth Day, April 21:
• .VAST MAJORITY. 84 percent of U.S. adults prefer to do business with a company that uses green cleaning products and practices.
• REPEAT BUSINESS. “Today’s consumers are environmentally conscious and expect the businesses they patronize to use green cleaning practices,” said Mike Thompson, senior vice president, Cintas Facility Services. “This research affirms that using environmentally friendly cleaning products and practices has a positive impact on the environment and can help drive repeat business.”
• STRONGLY AGREE. One in three adults (34 percent) strongly agree that they prefer to do business with companies that use green cleaning methodologies.
• UNDER 35. Younger U.S. adults, ages 18-34, indicate the strongest preference for working with companies with clean green, as 47 percent strongly agree.
Survey sponsor Cintas offers a wide range of sustainable solutions that enable businesses to build their image and increase profitability and productivity
• SURVEY SPECIFICS. This survey was conducted by phone within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Cintas from March 24-27, 2011, among 1,018 adults ages 18 and older. Results were weighted to reflect the U.S. adult population.
For more information, visit www.cintas.com/green.